Walter Ganz studied Industrial Sociology, Psychology and Political Science at the University of Freiburg (Germany). In his first careerstep he worked as an assistant researcher at the Max-Planck-Institute in Freiburg. After that he joined as a researcher at the ICT Research Center of Infratest in Munich.
In 1990 he joined the Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering (IAO) in Stuttgart as a research assistant. Meanwhile he is a Director and Member of the board of the Fraunhofer IAO Stuttgart, Head of the research department »Human Resource Management« and Head of the research department »Service-Engineering and -Management.
Beside his leadership performance he is taking part in a lot of supporting activities.
For instance, assisting the “Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF)” in Germany regarding the development of research programs and activities in the field of “ Future of Work” and “Innovation in Services”.
Aside that he is also a member of several national and international scientific boards. For instance:
- Editorial Board Member, Service Science Journal, 2016.
- Scientific Advisory Board Member, Federal Ministry of Research and Education, Conference on “Social Innovation and Work“, 2016, Berlin.
- Member of the „Smart Service Welt“, Working Group, Strategic Initiative of Acatech, 2015.
- Scientific Board Member of the Human Side of Service Engineering, Conference 2016, Orlando, USA, 2016.
- Scientific Board Member of the European Review of Service Economics and Management/Revue Européenne d’Economie et Management des Services, 2016.
- Program Committee Member of the Conference on Serviceology (ICServ2017), Vienna, 2017.
Walter Ganz is author and co- author of more than 25 publications the last 3 years.