Researcher at the ICT Research Center of Infratest in Munich.
Walter Ganz studied Industrial Sociology, Psychology and Political Science at the University of Freiburg (Germany). In his first careerstep he worked as an assistant researcher at the Max-Planck-Institute in Freiburg. After that he joined as a researcher at the ICT Research Center of Infratest in Munich.
In 1990 he joined the Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering (IAO) in Stuttgart as a research assistant. Meanwhile he is a Director and Member of the board of the Fraunhofer IAO Stuttgart, Head of the research department »Human Resource Management« and Head of the research department »Service-Engineering and -Management.
Beside his leadership performance he is taking part in a lot of supporting activities.
For instance, assisting the “Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF)” in Germany regarding the development of research programs and activities in the field of “ Future of Work” and “Innovation in Services”.
Aside that he is also a member of several national and international scientific boards. For instance:
- Editorial Board Member, Service Science Journal, 2016.
- Scientific Advisory Board Member, Federal Ministry of Research and Education, Conference on “Social Innovation and Work“, 2016, Berlin.
- Member of the „Smart Service Welt“, Working Group, Strategic Initiative of Acatech, 2015.
- Scientific Board Member of the Human Side of Service Engineering, Conference 2016, Orlando, USA, 2016.
- Scientific Board Member of the European Review of Service Economics and Management/Revue Européenne d’Economie et Management des Services, 2016.
- Program Committee Member of the Conference on Serviceology (ICServ2017), Vienna, 2017.
Walter Ganz is author and co- author of more than 25 publications the last 3 years.